Well, I know that it is now February and I am way past posting anything from Christmas but we had a hard and fast start to the New Year so better late than never!
Christmas was great! We had a nice, relaxing, go nowhere break that was much needed. Travis, the girls, and I went to Christmas Eve mass and rodeo'd our children for an hour and a half! Thankfully the people around us were very understanding and got a good laugh. Christmas morning was lots of fun, and of course the girls got wayyyy to much. Hopefully I'll remember next time to limit myself, of course Travis will remind me. My parents joined us later in the day, and Travis's dad a few days later. It was so nice to just relax for a few days at our house.
For New Year's we made our annual trip to GR to ring in the New Year with Travis's cousin and his family. Taten loved playing with her cousins, and even Tessa let go of me for awhile:) A few days later we had Christmas with Travis's mom, and then beat the snowstorm home.
We also celebrated Taten's fourth birthday in January. Unfortunately I had class that weekend, but Travis's dad, whose birthday is the same day, joined them and everyone had a great time. That Saturday we celebrated with Huspen's because Jake and Taten are less than 24 hours apart. It was great to get together with our Up North family and chat.
A much needed break and great family time made for a nice end to the year, but of course we are back to the daily grind. Travis is working hard and late, and I have had class every other weekend. The winter weather has tired us out, and even Trav is ready for spring. Here's to hoping that groundhog was wrong and spring will come early this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment