Well, the "summer" has almost come to an end, and the warm weather barely showed. We did get to have a few warm days when we went to visit Daddy down in Cleveland and then made our loop around to Grandma's house.
This is real Michigan summer!
The joy of a long drive by myself with the girls was lost on me. The trip without children is supposed to take 6 and 1/2 hours. It took the girls and I 9! When we did finally make it there Taten had a bladder infection, and Tessa had yet another ear infection. Needless to say day one was spent at the walk - in clinic after Taten threw up at the grocery store! However, after everyone was medicated and had a good nights sleep we all went to the zoo the next afternoon. Taten was a little disappointed that the elephants and rhino's weren't there. The exhibit was being rebuilt, but
overall she had a great time. Tess of course did not want to be in her stroller, she's all about being active! The next day we went to the Feast of the Assumption in Little Italy. I loved it. We all had a great time, but I think Travis and I could have stayed and ate all day. The streets were blocked off and lined with tons of Italian food. Heaven. We didn't stay at Daddy's as long as planned though due to a serious lack of space, and Taten wanting to see Grandma, so on we went.
Finally in Lexington we had a big house and yard to play in, and a pool to swim in. Peace for Mommy:) We got to see our cousin Ellie, and minus a tornado scare and having to go into Grandma and Papa's basement, we had a great
time. Anyone who knows my parents house would say "Yuck!" It's an old Michigan basement that I have never, in the 30 years they have lived there, been in! The thin
gs I will do for the babies. Thank God Grandma was home for lunch because I had Ellie and my two girls that day. Ellie was so good and just sat there, my two were like caged animals!
I did get a great surprise from Travis when he showed up for the weekend to watch the girls so Mom and I didn't have to get a sitter for the Kenny Chesney concert. If you ever get a chance to see him, you must go. It was Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, Sugarland, and Kenny Chesney. Over 6 hours of entertainment. Ford Field was filled to compacity with every redneck hillbilly (myself included) in the two neighboring states! Yee-haw.
Summer quickly came to an end and I am back to school and Taten too, that is our next post. Stay tuned, I'm sure it will be sweet. She's very excited to go.
Love to all,
Heather
No comments:
Post a Comment